From: uberguidoz at gmail.com (GuidoZ)
Subject: Rootkit For Spyware? Hide your adware from all Adware removers and Anti-viruses

> It is quite possible to hide processes, reg keys and files, and is often
> done by various malware.

Aye. I didn't word my statements correctly. (Was tired... =P ) You are
very much correct.

I guess I was trying to speak along the lines of AV detection and
forensics. I've yet to find a rootkit, spyware, or malware that is
COMPLETLY hidden, in every aspect, from the user. There is always a
way to find it. Granted, they can bypass the "usual means" (regedit,
taskmanager, etc) in Windows, however there are specialized tools
(process viewers for example) that show hidden processes. What I meant
to express is they seem to claim being able to hide from everything.
(Even if an AV solution detected the very program they use as an
installer.) That, I doubt.

To save someone else from saying this, I'll reply to my own comment. =)

> I've yet to find a rootkit, spyware, or malware that is
> COMPLETLY hidden, in every aspect, from the user.

Well, DUH. How could you find it if it was COMPLETELY hidden? ;)
Clarification: The user and a sysadmin that has a clue are two very
different people.)

--
Peace. ~G

--