From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: Windoze almost managed to 200x repeat 9/11

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, joe wrote:

> Definitely some interesting theories Ron.
>
> > 1> the code was better done under the original OS, unix
>
> While possible, nothing actually points at this as being the case.

Well, nothing was mentioned about a system needing a reboot ever 49 days
on the old unix env...

		[SNIP]

> > 2> considering "how often" you seems to run into this same
> > issue with other coders in the windows realm, windows coders
> > tend to be especially lazy/clueless as compared to coders in other OS'
>
> I would expect the issue is the same as always. Sheer volume. There are good
> and bad coders period. Microsoft has surely drawn more poor coders than any
> other OS with its pushing of the RAD/simple coding environment such as VB.
> Additionally the Windows environment as a whole has more inexperienced users
> and admins and people likely to try and code. There are also many good ones
> as well, they are just well buried in the poor ones.

See my reply to James Tucker, who beat you to the punch on my MUA in
responding in like manner on this same point, it applies to your
response as well.  I have a feeling that many M$ admins and coders are
going to take a serious offence to James and you so readily agreeing this
might be a core issue with the system at hand.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.