From: keydet89 at yahoo.com (Harlan Carvey)
Subject: Spyware? Worm? Trojan? "face license free bait"

Wow.  English aside, I have no idea where to
start...there are so many questions that need to be
asked for clarification on this that I don't know
whether to sh*t or go blind!

> I found something VERY VERY STRANGE on my computer
> last evening...

Yeah, so did I...the user!  ;-)

Okay, here's an excerpt from the email...

> While writing this lines I found two another shit
> directories :'(
>
> C:\PROGRA~1\Corn Internet Soft
>
> Filename        Size    CRC-32
> C5EDFC35        1060    92EE5B2C  [set as system
> files]
> cemaylou.exe        272966    70370FFB (other name
> it has taken :
> nxkkxpjy.exe, greyend.exe, metapoll.exe)
> HOLE NAME.exe        240663    A2325E7C
> logduperoad.exe        9970    25C7A91D
> seek barb regs win.exe    47616    D41BE72E (other
> name it has taken :
> batbodypokeextra.exe)
>

> C:\PROGRA~1\upload admin bind
>
> Filename        Size    CRC-32
> DELETE PLAY.exe        15526    95665A33
>
> And I'm unable to delete any of these files !! They
> are not displayed in
> taskmgr, and :
>
> --
> PsKill v1.03 - local and remote process killer
> Copyright (C) 2000 Mark Russinovich
> http://www.sysinternals.com
>
> Unable to kill process cemaylou.exe:
> Process does not exist.
> --

Okay, so you found cemaylou.exe in a directory...what
made you think that it was a process?  Just b/c you
can't delete them, what makes you think that they
*would* appear in TaskManager?

> I've tried to sniff all these exe names using tools
> from SysInternals
> but I can't find any of these o_o !!

Are you referring to FileMon and RegMon?  Again...just
b/c you can't delete the files, why do you think they
are running?

> What the hell is going on on my computer ?? Is Big
> Brother watching me ? =)

Yes, I am.  Feel free to disconnect the power to your
computer, disconnect all other cables, and throw the
system in the trash.  After watching you for a while,
I've had enough fun...that thing you did the other
night was funnier than "America's Funniest Home
Videos" and "COPs" put together.

> Thank you very much indeed for your help.. and sorry
> for my really bad english.

It isn't your English that's the problem, dude...it's
all the Jolt cola you've been drinking, and that other
thing you did that time in that place...

=====