From: Michael.Simpson at inveresk.com (Michael Simpson)
Subject: Spyware installs with no interaction in IE on fully
 patched XP SP2 box

nope, there is no error message when accessing this site as a user - just
a very quick flash of a pop-up going to wepdt(?).gator.something.
  There doesn't appear to be any trace on this computer of any of the
files mentioned previously so i guess that you may need to be running as
admin to get the download.

cheers,

mikie

"Carr, Robert" <rcarr@...il.uky.edu>
Sent by: full-disclosure-admin@...ts.netsys.com
04/10/2004 15:23

<full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
cc

Subject
RE: [Full-Disclosure] Spyware installs with no interaction in IE on fully
patched XP SP2 box

Interesting...

I just went there, and he's right. Atpartners.cab installed without
permission. My McAfee picked it right up as Atpartners.dll, downloaded
to Temp Internet files. Spyware detected as NetPals. On the other hand,
I'm admin of my machine, I wonder if a "user" would get an error message
about not having the correct rights...

Thanks,

Robert