From: richard at tccnet.co.uk (Richard Stevens)
Subject: interesting trojan found

A client had a problem home PC, after removal of all the usual spyware, adware and 6 month old viruses,

there remained an unusual process in the process list, logon.exe, which

Process Explorer pointed to it being from c:\windows\system32\logon.exe

it tries to connect to a singnet ip address on port 3175.

This file appeared almost invisible to the file system in both safe & normal mode, which struck me as being unusual.

You could not delete it, copy it or see it in a directory listing (file not found),  but you could execute it directly.

I eventually got a copy of it by using an NTFS-reader boot disk, and ran it through virus total.

Kaspersky was the only one to recognize it as backdoor.win32.rbot.gen

Just wondering really

a: if anyone wants it for study. (off list replies pls, will be sent in passworded zip)
b: anyone know a free boot disk that both reads & writes to NTFS, so I can delete it!

Regards

Richard