From: uberguidoz at gmail.com (GuidoZ)
Subject: Re: I will be awaiting your immediate response.

> One thing you might be forgeting is, gmail recently implemented the
> "domainkeys" technology, which was developed by Yahoo! Mail, and
> "domainkeys" was set to become industry standard technology. Go here
> to learn more http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys ;-)

I've heard about this before - it's certainly a step in the right
direction. The drawback is that it needs to be implemented on BOTH
sides for it to be effective. You can read more about such pros and
cons in a nice article here:
 - http://www.winnetmag.com/WindowsSecurity/Article/ArticleID/42805/42805.html

> In theory gmail and yahoo are ment to be the best for anti spam, but
> in reality, they are the same as most other providers, with or without
> domainkeys.

Unfortunately this seems to be the case. I will give Gmail credit
where due - the filtration system they have in place works quite well.
I've only recevied one or two spam emails in my inbox. The rest have
gone to the spam folder where they belong. Kudos for that.

The reason I stated what I did before (about changing email addresses)
is from expereince. You can read my reply to Hugo which was sent
seconds before this one (also to the list). In addition to what I had
said there, there's another reason I failed to state. The email
address I use for this list (and the other 15-20 or so I monitor) is
ONLY used for such a purpose. I don't give it to friends to email me
from. I don't use it when asked for my email address. I don't
personally post it to public forums or such. The only way spammers
could of gotten a hold of it was to lift it from one of the many
onlien archives of this list. Newsgroups were also well known to have
the same effect... go search Goolge groups for people talking about
ways to hide their email address from newsgroups in fear of massive
spam. ;)

--
Peace. ~G