From: ryanarchy at gmail.com (TK-421)
Subject: Moox firefox/thunderbird builds. Anyone looked at these yet?

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:10:48 +1300, Stuart Fox (DSL AK)
<stuartf@...acom.co.nz> wrote:
> You probably are being a little paranoid, although I prefer to run the
> binaries as distributed by the supplier (I of course trust that they
> haven't included backdoors, and they have compiled it sensibly.  For me,
> any open source application I run is essentially closed source
> anyway...).

Yes, but because it's open source, you know that thousands of eyes are
looking at it daily.  Especially in larger projects like
Mozilla/Firefox.  I'm sure you'd hear about it if the Mozilla team was
including backdoors.  That is unless you think there's a widespread
consipracy to keep you in the dark about backdoors in common internet
applications.  In that case, I think you need to adjust your tinfoil
hat.