From: toddtowles at brookshires.com (Todd Towles)
Subject: IE is just as safe as FireFox

> Use SUS to install XP SP2 to 14,000 Windows 2000 machines?
> Somehow I think that will be problematic.
Don't forget you have to be on a certain service pack to use SUS for
Windows 2000, then change GPO to push the AU changes to each machine to
even use SUS..and if you are a admin access, it isn't totally slient.
Explain that to non-geek users. Since SUS is free, you can what you pay
for...since it over and over again.

> Replace the SHDOCVW.DLL with the XP SP2 version? On Windows
> 2000 machines?
> And what about the practical problems getting round Windows
> File Protection? On 14,000 machines? Do you want to come in
> here and try what you suggest?
SP2 breaks stuff..we all forget so fast. Compaines have old apps and
some will be broken by SP2, but of course Microsoft will only release
post-SP2 IE fixes..so they tell us to not rush SP2 and then only release
updates for post-SP2. Great...good job. Ohh..and the handing of the GDI
exploit..that was worthy of a billion dollar company.

-Todd