From: randallm at fidmail.com (RandallM)
Subject: Securing My Mobile users

I'm attempting to find some simple free programs that will help secure my
mobile users. Simple because anything above sitting in the tray will confuse
them. I'm testing this on a computer that is XP2 patched, McAfee 80 which
has file creation type protection, Google blocker, Spybot and Previx
protection system program.

A little program called pcAudit which claims to "act" like a hacker
intervention has you do a few things then sends the information to their
server and creates a report for you to view. The report show what you typed
in the browser or program you used, shows what's in your documents folder,
and takes a snapshot of your desktop.

The settings I ended with was to prevent creation of .dll files in system,
system32 folders, prevent "unwanted programs", key loggers, etc., in McAfee.
I did not do anything with XP firewall and kept Previx at defaults.

Each time the pcAudit could show the same results even if the .dll was
prevented from being created. It still gave the snapshots, documents folder
and reported what I typed.

What I'm seeing here is that the most simplest settings that can be aloud
have no protection. The mobile salesperson can't and refuses to be bothered
with any more then this. If "this" simple program could do that, my users
are doomed if they clicked on a link and a more malicious program was
loaded.

Has anyone here examined this pcAudit program? Can they explain what makes
it tick?

thank you
Randall M