From: chows at ozemail.com.au (Gregh)
Subject: [in] Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

----- Original Message -----
From: "joe" <mvp@...ware.net>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 5:37 AM
Subject: RE: [in] Re: [Full-Disclosure] IE is just as safe as FireFox

>I think that this corporate policy will have far more impact on your company
> than on Microsoft. As more and more people and companies deploy XP2, it
> makes me wonder if you should just consider leaving the Microsoft market
> entirely.

Please tell me how to do that. I live not too far west of Sydney - about an hour on a good day west of the suburbs of Sydney's outer fringe.

In my area, there are some Macs (the largest office being 4 people) and 3 businesses that use *nix as well as large hospitality resort places that use someone from another state under contract. Even at those places the installations aren't what anyone would consider big enough to even be rated "small". You have to get the rights to their entire countrywide contract to make it worthwhile.

Windows based businesses, though - sure. They are as common as 4 cylinder cars! If I choose anything other than MS products, I don't earn an income. If I attempt to compete in Sydney in non-MS products, the fight is fierce.

If someone EVER finds a way to do as you say should be considered, it would be because MS are being overtaken by some other OS and possibly that other OS will just leave us where we are now. At least NOW, we have a better understanding of what can happen. Never jump ship until you are sure there's a lifeboat waiting!

Greg.