From: mlachniet at sequoianet.com (Lachniet, Mark)
Subject: WiFi question

Could also be RF interference.  One of my coworkers tracked down a
particularly interesting problem with motion sensor lights.  Turns out
the motion sensors worked at the 240mhz range, which has resonance at
2.4ghz, or something like that.  Hence every time the motion sensor
worked, it would spew what the wardriving (site survey) apps thought was
a zillion different access points with widely varying MAC addresses.  I
would have though it was a FAKEAP program also.  I would assume the same
could happen with other interference.  Having a common SSID would seem
to indicate this is not the problem, but just thought I'd mention it.

Mark Lachniet