From: devis at easynix.net (devis)
Subject: [in] Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

Todd Towles wrote:

>Windows doesn't tell you about the Admin account and makes the default
>user a Admin. That isn't best method as you know.
>

>RunAs is great..but that is only good once you create a normal user -
>and then delete your new default user. Or you log in in Administrator
>and take away the full control of the default user. Easy for the average
>window user? Nope. If it was Microsoft would make the default user (note
>USER) and then let you configure the Admin account on start.

Thank you. Sometimes i feel the message doesn't get across. Run as is a
false sense of security. Majority of MS apps ( that gets owned ) run
with Admin or Local System priviledges. Does Run as works on IE ? on
Office ? on IIS ?

My point was that instead of 'hiding' computer knowledge from the 'user'
, and introducing false 'hyped' security such as 'RunAs', assuming his
stupidity, i think people will be likely to understand that to install a
program they would have to use a different account than from browsing
pages. Especially when the company behind has lots of $$$ to make it
friendly and understood. 15 years ago people thought only a few people
will ever use email......