From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: University Researchers Challenge Bush Win In Florida

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Gilliss" <ggilliss@...publishing.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] University Researchers Challenge Bush Win In
Florida

> But, for heaven's sake, leave Paul alone. He's one of the few people
> left on this list who makes sense occasionally.

Thanks for the compliment, Gregory.  I have to agree with you regarding the
loss of confidence in our government.  It doesn't bode well for the future.

Hope you don't mind if I also key off your response for one unrelated
matter.

[snipped a bunch]

Someone else (not Gregory) posted this -

> > It also highlights a disturbing circular reasoning.  Considering that
Paul
> > is TEACHING at a supposedly "respected" *university*, we should all be
very
> > afraid of our nations schools.

I somehow missed this.  I think it's interesting that I am being accused of
circular reasoning when I didn't draw the circle.  :-)

One other thing - let me be very clear.  I do *not* teach at the university,
at least not the way that is implied here.  I *do* conduct security
awareness seminars and the like, and I've presented at various conferences
over the years, written articles professionally, etc., but I am *not* a
member of faculty, nor do I hold a teaching position at the university.  I
am a security professional.  My title is in my sig, and it doesn't say
"professor", OK?

Oh, and I doubt there's much reason to fear our nations schools from the
minimal impact that I might have. :-)

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas