From: devis at easynix.net (devis)
Subject: IE is just as safe as FireFox

Excuse me, but i won't join and rejoice. Until, as i have posted on this
list elsewhere, this item makes it further than the obscure devel / kb
article but gets actually pulled as a critical security update and the
'linking/shortcut' procedure automatised for key components /
applications in the process, i am afraid this would not reach lower than
the admin / techy / power user type.

Another big trouble will be eventually the inability to use windows
update with the browser. Once again i am talking in an user context, out
of the box settings. Maybe MS will finally code a graphical "su" for IE ?
=> To update this computer, please enter the admin password etc etc ...

 From MS ? ummmm i am highly doubting they are ready to sacrifice this
level of useability ( lets be admin by default ! ) for real security. I
am saying no chance.
Time will tell.