From: skylined at edup.tudelft.nl (Berend-Jan Wever)
Subject: To anybody who's offended by my disclosure policy

I will try to explain this all once again, but only ONCE again:

MSIE IFRAME bufferoverflow:
I did not disclose the vulnerability: I wrote an analysis of a publicly known vulnerability. It was a warning that there could be malicious people stealing your creditcard details and whatnot with a 0day exploit. Nobody seemed to notice... Maybe the advisory was to technical, maybe the vendor didn't want bad publicity, I don't know. I figured it was in everybody's interest to make the exploit public knowledge so everybody would take notice and could take precautions. In that I succeeded. What did I get for all this ? Fame and attention.

MSIE nested array sort() loop Stack overflow exception:
People are expecting me to play by their rules but they do not offer me anything in return. I've had enough of that, so I decided to release this without enough details. Instead of relying on me for information, you now have to rely on your vendor. Let's see how long it takes them to come up with an analysis. Firefox and Opera just got cought in the crossfire.

My disclosure policy:
Most vendors treat "hackers" like free beta-testers that they can put the blame on when publicity goes bad. Mozilla does pay for remotely exploitable vulnerabilities. Fact of the matter is I could have released more IE 0day exploits if I wanted to, but I've choosen to disclose them responsibly. That choice was made a lot easier by iDefense, who do pay people for their time and knowledge. I have also found other vulnerabilities in Firefox, but I also choose not to disclose them untill I've analysed them and reported them to the vendor.

So what do I get for all my time and work ?
- Do I get payed ? No.
- Do I get n00bs trying to flame me ? Yes.
- Do I get attention from people who do know what I am talking about and might want to hire me to work for them ? Yes.

Cheers,
SkyLined

PS. Recursive function call will cause stack overflow causing write exception in guard page on a push, no control over registers: no exploit.