From: steve at myself.gen.nz (Steve Wray)
Subject: University Researchers Challenge Bush Win In
 Florida

Todd Towles wrote:
> Did the charter say something about political messages?..please take it
> off the list guys if possible...

Actually, I thought that particular post was in the spirit of the list...

It seemed to me to address technologies and methodologies.

I didn't think that it dwelled on party political issues. Though, to be
honest, I think Paul should have sent that last one just to the
addressee not to the list. But he does come up with some gems so he
won't go on my plonkers list :)

If you want to be truly pedantic as to what counts as political, well...
there wouldn't be much to choose from. Everything is politics if you
squint hard enough.

I find the best method of dealing with full disclosure is that every
time you see someone post something you consider off topic or a troll or
whatever suits your taste, simply filter their address out.

Filtering by subject doesn't help much as trolls will post to *anything*
but trolls *will* post. So as long as I filter out anyone that seems
like a troll (or otherwise an idiot) full disclosure comes up with some
gems.

And the best part is that if someone on your plonker list says something
genuinely interesting, they will doubtless be quoted by someone else so
you may still get to read it. And the list has an archive.

Without filters I'd have left FD years ago...

[massive snip]