From: mandreko at ori.net (Matt Andreko)
Subject: MS Windows Screensaver Privilege Escalation

I agree that you should restrict the access physically, however if you
can replace that screensaver file, and WindowsXP will execute it as the
system user, is this not a flaw as the original poster intended?

You had stated that replacing the screensaver took special privileges,
however I was showing a way to get around those means.  Sure, if I had
physical access to the machine I could do a lot worse, but personally I
feel it's a blended problem.  It does need to be restricted physically,
however I don't think Microsoft should be running screensavers which can
easily be replaced as System.