From: jftucker at gmail.com (James Tucker)
Subject: If Lycos can attack spammer sites, can we all start doing it?

I would feel very sorry for the small time ISP's being DoS'd off the
planet by some of the potential "attack backs" that could be generated
by such an idea. DoS wars are not a good way to fight spam. Judgement
of the receivers total bandwidth capability is difficult to impossble
to accurately judge (assuming that they oculd simply code modulated
response delays in to throw off the attack scheme). Thus all that
could result of this is DoS attacks, not a garunteed "slow down" as is
described.

It is not just volume to the site that will be generated either,
remember you are loading up every router along the way.