From: announce at 0x90.org (announce@...0.org)
Subject: Shoe 1.0 - Remote Lace Overflow

 Shoe 1.0 - Remote Lace Overflow

 This Vulnerability is in reference to the new class of remote vulnerabilities
 indicated in:
 http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/385078/2004-12-19/2004-12-25/2
 [Please read that first]

 Discovery Credited To:
 ----------------------
 	freshman - 0x90.org
 	wxs      - 0x90.org
 	txs      - 0x90.org

 Greets:
 -------
 Jonathan T. Rockway for being the smartest man alive.

 ------------
 A remote shoe vulnerability exists that could allow for remote tripping and
 possible exposure of sensitive data to the pavement.

 Scope:
 ------
 REMOTE

 Severity:
 ---------
 Hyper-Critical. This needs no explanation.

 Vulnerability:
 --------------
 Failure to properly tie your shoe could result in tripping and a possible
 broken face upon sudden deceleration when hitting the pavement.

 Vulnerable Sizes:
 -----------------
 6 through 13. Other sizes may be vulnerable, but were unavailable for testing.

 Exploitation:
 -------------
 You have a 100% secure walking system - you do not fall down, or trip over
 your own laces.  A remote attacker could determine your shoe size by reading
 your livejournal FROM THE NETWORK and could MAIL YOU a shoe with extra long
 laces.  You put the shoe on without tying it properly and suddenly are exposed
 to a REMOTE shoe vulnerability!

 Fix:
 ----
 Do not wear untrusted shoes sent to you. Other possible workarounds include
 sandals (aka. flip-flops). These are a good work-around and are widely
 available for those concerned about their security.

 Vendor Notification:
 Vendors were not notified at the time of this writing.  We have choosen not to
 give advance notice because the fault is not always with the vendor of the
 shoe as a REMOTE PERSON could SNAIL MAIL a LOCAL USER a  vulnerable shoe.

 We at 0x90.org believe that the users should be happy they were notified about
 this.  Imagine the mass destruction and chaos that would ensue if we unleashed
 a REMOTE SHOE VULNERABILITY WORM into the wild.  At this time we have choosen
 not to do that, mostly because we can not afford all the stamps to mail
 vulnerable shoes to the public.