From: se_cur_ity at hotmail.com (morning_wood)
Subject: Cross-Site Scripting - an industry-wide problem

quite commom, funny because xss can be used in PHISHING attacks.
instead of <alert blah> try some html redirects to a hosted site with a fake
login
spoofing the original content ( a login page ) and capture username/password
then pass them to the real login page.
or better yet... xss dos attacks, like.
[script]
alert("oh no")
;window.close()
[/script]

but i guess xss is just kiddi play... or is it?

m.w

> Cross-Site Scripting - an industry-wide problem
>
> In early december i started a series of tests to find Cross-Site Scripting
> (XSS) vulnerabilities. It quickly turned out that the majority of all
major
> websites suffer some kind of XSS. This is a disclosure of 175
> vulnerabilities at once. Enjoy the ride...
>
> Test scenario
>
> A site was considered affected if it is possible to inject a javascript
into
> the output page by making a browser GET or POST request to the webserver.
As