From: brenno at dewinter.com (Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter)
Subject: This sums up Yahoo!s security policy to a -T-

Hi,

I think the main issue here is that the son is dead and that changes a
lot from a privacy perspective. His family inherits his physical letters
and communications, so why not the digital. I truly amazed that Yahoo
goes so difficult on them, especially since its an American company
(where privacy generally has a lesser value than Europe).

Furthermore it would be adding insult to injury if they'd let the 90-day
rule stand. After all they are not granting the family access.

On the issue of high profile case: that shouldn't matter. It is only
human that people would love to read his last words. Let Yahoo please be
compassionate, especially around Christmas time and stop this "we're
privacy friendly"-attitude when someone doesn't need privacy anymore.
Let them focus on privacy for those that are alive.

Cheers,

Brenno.