From: exibar at thelair.com (Exibar)
Subject: [spam] RE: [inbox] Re: This sums up Yahoo!s
	security policy to a -T-

sorry, but you're missing the point.  Lets take a couple of givens here.  1)
the boy killed in war was not married.  2) the boy killed in war did not
have any children 18 years old or over.  Both points have a pretty good
chance of being true.
   With this being the case, upon death, his parents or garudians would then
inherit *everything* that boy owned in life.  Without a court having to say
anything at all.  They *now* own everything that was once his, digital
rights included.  Period, end of story.  If anyone wants to contest this,
they can, but I doubt anyone will claim ownership of something that was once
his to a point it would wind up in court.... it could, just slim chances of
happening.  His parents have to prove to Yahoo that they now own his stuff
by means of his death.

> >   Same thing as if I had died, my wife would inherit everything
> that I own.
>
> Inheritance happens *after* the estate has been sttled by a *court*.
> Often, this will involve a type of "guardian" an ("executor"), but almost
> as often it will not.  Until the estate is settled (meaning the court has
> decided who gets to "own" each of the estate's component parts"), she/they
> "own" *nothing".
>
> Since Yahoo! has an explicit contract with the decedent which stipulates
> that the contract is extinguished by the death of the box "owner", this
> whole estate business is moot anyway - there is no longer an account to
> intervene on.

Yahoo's good PR would be that they are simpathetic to this man's (sorry I
called him a boy earlier, he was a man in every sense of the definition I'm
sure of it) parents' situation and wanting to read what might be the last
bit of their son, be it goodly or badly received by them.
   Most of the world doesn't look through a Security Engineer's eyes, they
look through that man's greiving parents eyes that just lost their son to
the war in Iraq.