From: Patrick.Dolan at phns.com (Dolan, Patrick)
Subject: spoolcll.exe - new worm being distributed
	viamysql vulnerability?

>From the article text:

"The bot uses the "MySQL UDF Dynamic Library Exploit". In order to
launch the exploit, the bot first has to authenticate to mysql as 'root'
user. A long list of passwords is included with the bot, and the bot
will brute force the password."

Looks like this is small part exploit, and large part bad root password
selection. Though I'm not even sure about the exploit part because the
text later says:

"This bot does not use any vulnerability in mysql. The fundamental
weakness it uses is a week[sic] 'root' account."

Patrick Dolan
Information Security Analyst