From: ruff.lists at edelweb.fr (Nicolas RUFF (lists))
Subject: Terminal Server vulnerabilities

	Hello,

I agree with everyone that TS is prone to MiTM attacks, since there is
no server authentication at all.

Have a look at RDESKTOP sources and you will see a plaintext key
exchange at the beginning of the TS session. I suspect this key is
related to the L$HYDRAENCKEY_xxx LSA secret. Building a transparent "RDP
proxy" with on-the-fly decryption seems feasible.

And don't even think on using the "encryption : low" setting !

But I would point out something much more important : there are many
more local exploits than remote (on Windows just like any other OS).

Local exploits : about 1-2 a month
* POSIX - OS/2 subsystem exploitation
* Debugging subsystem exploitation (DebPloit)
* 16-bit subsystem exploitation (NTVDM)
* Shatter Attacks
* Etc.

Remote exploits : about once a year
* RPC/DCOM (blaster)
* LSASS (sasser)

Basically, if you are logged in as an unpriviledged user on a Terminal
Server, you can easily become SYSTEM. If this Terminal Server is also a
Domain Controller, game over.

Regards,
- Nicolas RUFF