From: tat at postmark.net (Antonio Henrique Oliveira)
Subject: Transamericana.org

Dear all,

Please excuse me if this is a bit off-topic, but since this is the only
IT related mailing list I subscribe (apart from Secunia's) I decided to
post here.

 From sometime ago (I cannot determine exactly when this started to
happen), my workstation (WinXP SP2 PT, fully patched) has been sending
out ping requests to www.transamericana.org when I login to the machine
(right at the beginning of the login process, and only at that time).

I've ran ad-aware, spy bot and even MS Anti Spyware, and the machine is
clean (or so all three programs say).
I've scanned the registry for transamericana and found nothing.
I'm scanning all the files at the PC for the same string as I write this
and so far nothing has been found yet (I'll update if I find something).
I've got nothing out of the ordinary installed at the PC, I use Firefox
and Thunderbird, and I'm quite carefull when browsing the net, so the
chances of having spyware/adware/malware installed are slim (but I don't
completely exclude them).
I'm behind an FC2 firewall, tightly closed.
No other PC on the network displays this behaviour.
Searching the web yields no usefull results.

Has anybody encountered this?!

Regards,
--
Anto'nio Henrique A. Proenca de Oliveira

"Although we can never go back, like an old sweet song with a strong
refrain, memories remain" - (Someone)

$Id: .signature,v 1.3 2004/07/14 08:08:10 tat Exp tat $