From: mail at hackingspirits.com (Debasis Mohanty)
Subject: Antivirus listing

There are many ways that you can achieve it. I doubt if there is any single
API (correct me if I am wrong) which can enumerates all the installed AVs.
Most of the cases an AV will prompt you to un-install previously installed
AVs before installing. One such classic example is Symantec and McAfee, both
are mutually exclusive ;). But in your case assuming that you have more than
one AV, there are many ways you can enumerate the list of AVs installed.
Find below various possible ways:

First you need to create a list of various entries being made by the AV in
the system when they gets installed. i.e. entries in the registry, service
control manager, local folders etc etc...

Then you can follow either of the below given options -

1.	Enumerating Services and Searching for those entries
	Use APIs like "OpenSCManager" and "EnumServicesStatus"

2.	Enumerating Registry Keys and searching for those entries
	Look for Installed Avs here "HKLM\Software" .
	Use APIs like "RegEnumKey"

3.	Enumerating Browser Helper Objects and look for those entries

4.	Enumerating Running Services
	"EnumWindows" or "Toolhelp32Snapshot"

5. 	Looking for Installed Components and look for those entries
	Use "FindFirstFile" or "FindFile"

And there are many more like this but all of them are more or less same. It
all depends which one you choose. In my opinion, option 1 and 2 are better
ideas.

Refer MSDN incase you need to have more ideas about the above APIs.

Regards,
Debasis Mohanty
www.hackingspirits.com