From: kf_lists at digitalmunition.com (KF (Lists))
Subject: Xfree86 video buffering?

As a follow up I have had some interaction with the Xorg folks and one
gentleman has mentioned the following:

(they will) "... look into why the current method isn't very effective
with the vesa driver and go from there."

also

"Enabling the VESA 'clear memory' feature when programming the initial
video seems to address this with the vesa driver, but does add
several seconds to the startup."

I still need to file an official bug report but they are looking into it
anyway.

-KF