From: matt at dynamicanswers.com (Matt Marooney)
Subject: re: Bios Programming...

Okay, okay, guys...I get all of your points.  I'm really glad I threw
this idea out there because you all have given me some really great
reactions.  Thank you Bill Humphries for your comments; you bring up
some really good points.

Now, getting back to technical conversation, the most important
requirement for this software is the multi-protocol monitoring.  As some
of you have said, this is not going to be able to be done with a small
program.

I don't mind letting the user know he/she is being monitored, and I do
not intend for this utility to be used to spy on someone without their
knowledge.  I guess I didn't explain that very well before.

So, with that out of the way, I'd like the program to run in the
background, and be slim enough that it does not noticeably slow down the
user's computer.  This is to avoid the person coming to the recovery
group and saying, "I had to uninstall the monitor because it is slowing
down my computer".

Most Important Requirements:

1. Multi-protocol monitoring (HTTP, FTP, Chat, File sharing,
Newsreaders, etc.)

2. Thin application, does not *noticeably* interfere with normal
computer operation

3. Difficult to remove (disregarding all hardware replacements,
obviously, the person could go get a new computer) without a password

Again, thanks for your helpful input.  I assure you, I am not trying to
create more problems, and I am just like you guys when it comes to
hatred of spy ware.  I've been making a pretty decent living for years
securing people's computers.

-- Matt