From: jlauro at umflint.edu (Lauro, John)
Subject: Wi-fi. Approaching customers

Although not directly liable, you must be able to say who had what IP
at a certain time time when bad activity came from your network...  If
you are unable to provide that information, you are then liable...

We too are semi-open.  You can get a DHCP address, access our public
websites, our DNS servers, etc...  However, to get out to the internet
or to access any non public servers you can't do that without loging
in and having your mac address registered, etc...