From: pete at isecom.org (Pete Herzog)
Subject: CISSP Test

 >I think that is a good model to Security Certifications.
 >But, can you create a practice tests not using especific vendors ?

For 3 years ISECOM has been providing practical, vendor-neutral,
tool-neutral, professional certification exams that test skill and
applied knowledge fairly and accurately.  ISECOM is a non-profit
registered in the US and in Spain and our exam fees go into the
info-security and open methodology projects we provide for free (and Free).

So yes, it is possible.  It's time extensive, costly to maintain, and
complex to provide which is why not everyone does it.  But ISECOM does
and will continue to do so.

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete@...com.org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies