Date: Mon Mar 28 19:54:47 2005
From: stevenrakick at yahoo.com (Steven Rakick)
Subject: [security] Mozilla Foundation GIF Overflow

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the email.

Based on what you're saying, things have changed then
since: http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/18882.  In
that URL, Proventia A, G and M series are listed as
affected.

I'm not quite sure why it would affect the AV engine,
but not the IPS engine unless you're looking at the
content in a different manner. Can you explain what
you're doing differrently now? Are you inspecting all
RFC 2397 embedded data?

Steve

--- "Armstrong, Richard (ISS Texas)"

http://www.intrusense.com/av-bypass/image-bypass-advisory.txt)