Date: Tue Mar 29 22:59:27 2005
From: dan_20407 at msn.com (DAN MORRILL)
Subject: RES: CISSP Test

Given that many of the certificates are now "boot camp" type, this should
put a different light on those colleges that are pumping out Bachelors of
Information Security, Masters and Doctors of Information security as well.

Wondering if the acedemic credentials will become important in the longer
run. But without Big Business, and ISSA, OSCOMM, ISC2, SANs and others, an
international standard is going to be hard to hammer out. What does a
security person really need to know in what role, analyst, engineer, code
walker, network engineer, systems security, firewall/ids admin?

motivation is there, it will be really hard to get anyone to take anything
seriously past the "bottom line". There are going to have to be major
sources of aggrivation, and maybe the feds will step in with minimum
qualifications much like GSA or NSA have done? Who knows, its going to be a
rough couple of years for IS.

Going to be a lifetimes work for whom ever takes this one up.
r/
Dan

Sometimes MSN E-mail will indicate that the mesasge failed to be delivered.
Please resend when you get those, it does not mean that the mail box is bad,
merely that MSN mail is over worked at the time.