Date: Wed Mar 30 20:58:59 2005
From: Thierry at sniff-em.com (Thierry Zoller)
Subject: Re: Anyone with experience w/VirtualMDA?

Dear JP Garcia,

JG> Wow.  Why then does it not register in my ethereal logs?
I don't know, as far as I know it should be able to capture it.

JG> How are you
JG> monitoring the inbound/outbound?
Using my Sniff-em (Packet sniffer) tool.

JG> How long ago did you use it?
Around 10 minutes, I don't want to loose my ISP connection so I
discontinued to use it, you can set it to use full priority in which
case it sends mail like hell.

*May be* they only send mail from machines located outside their
respective legislation, or where they know they could get in trouble.
(Wild speculation here..)

JG> The
JG> VirtualMDA box is sitting behind a COTS Netgear firewall, think that may
JG> have something to do with it?
Depends on your packet filter configuration, it does connect to their
webserver which then sends data back, so NAT can't be the problem.

Thierry Zoller
http://www.sniff-em.com