Date: Sat Apr  2 01:53:42 2005
From: kye at lewislan.id.au (Kye Lewis)
Subject: Re: Internet Going Down For Maintenance

Jason Coombs wrote:

>>Is this serious?
>>It is not funny.
>>

>It is very serious. Child pornography has spread to every corner of the Internet, and the only way to clean it all up is to first shut it all down.
>
>Surprising you hadn't heard about this earlier...

But slashdot
(http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/01/2114252&tid=95) says that
actually it's being shut down permanently by the U.N. - who am I to
believe?!!?!!!!111!!oneone!!11

Either it's being shut down just for maintainence or it's permanent; or
is there some sort of other technology that they're going to replace it
with? Guess I can cancel this DSL service now. That's OK though, I was
having line issues anyway, just makes life easier dealing with telstra
this way :)

Thanks,

--Kye Lewis
kye(at)lewislan.id.au