Date: Wed Apr 13 15:59:56 2005
From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (bkfsec)
Subject: How to Report a
	Security	VulnerabilitytoMicrosoft

Bipin Gautam wrote:

>huh! these ppl. who shout 'against' are ppl. who were taught about
>security by their mentors (socalled hackers) who always tried
>advertising, the product we use is 133t than that of our competators.
>Later when these brain-washed kids grew to be a man...... they start
>the same vicious cycle. I've nothing against open source & there are
>lot of  times i prefer it over other softwares. But, to those of
>you... isn't it time to grow UP and stop nagging!~~~

I'm sorry Bipin, maybe it's a language barrier here, but what is your point?

If your point is to say that people who are security people are bigotted
against certain proprietary software companies and it's for no reason
other than they were bitter and taught by bitter people, well I have to
bitterly contest that.

My personal views on Microsoft's poor security history come from my own
experience with them and their lackluster approach to security and the
interests of their customers over the years.  I'm not saying that to
bash Microsoft - they have gotten a bit better... but better is relative.

So, who has to grow up and stop nagging?  People are voicing very real
concerns.

             -Barry