Date: Wed Apr 13 22:04:00 2005
From: dk at pwarchitects.com (dk)
Subject: Microsoft April Security Bulletin Webcast BS

Micheal Espinola Jr wrote:
> Wow... so, I'm listening to the webcast while doing my work today. I just
> heard him (the male presenter) say (three times now) that because some of
> the vulnerabilities have *not been publicly disclosed* that they are *not
> publicly exploitable*.
>  *OMFG*.

MS exploit motto?

<teasing_baby_voice>
Peek-a-booo!
If you can't see me,
I can't see you!
</teasing_baby_voice>

I guess they are just trying to reinforce their recent idea that 0dayz
== NULL and only patches beget exploits. While obviously wrong, this
/is/ a handy PR stance I guess. If they say it enough times, it might
just become true too, right? (Developers, Developers, Developers....)

Heheheh -- Sorry, too much sugar this afternoon.

--
dk