Date: Tue Jun  7 04:41:13 2005
From: stan.bubrouski at gmail.com (Stan Bubrouski)
Subject: Wierd firefox symptom

Hey,

I don't ordinarily send messages like this, but I find it kinda
disturbing.  I opened up firefox today (v1.0.2 I know its old but I
haven't used this PC in a while), and typed:
www.espn.com

into the address bar only to find myself at:
http://www.megago.com/l/?

I checked the address bar history and it indeed showed that I had
typed http://www.espn.com

So I tried again.  I made sure I typed www.espn.com and once again
ended up at http://www.megago.com/l/?

The third time was a charm.  ESPN actually loaded.  Checked firefox
directories for any rogue extensions or modified files and nothing had
been modified since I updated the User Agent Switcher extension on
5/16/05.  I ran NAV and MS Anti-Spyware and nothing was found.  Which
makes sense since I only use Mozilla and have A LOT of sites blocked
using adblock extension.  So I'm kind of at a loss.  I can't reproduce
it atm but I'm just wondering has anyone else seen this before and
could it just be a firefox bug?

-sb