Date: Fri Jun 10 01:47:23 2005
From: nick at virus-l.demon.co.uk (Nick FitzGerald)
Subject: Microsoft Windows and *nix Telnet Port Number
	Argument Obfuscation

Richard John L Contractor 611 ACF/SCO to Arjan van der Velde:

[restructured to fix non-quoted, top-postingitis]

> > I like reading posts in here to learn from. It would be good not to be too
> > hostile against people asking questions you already know the answer for or
> > even have known it for ages already. If I were to ask a question I would
> > like to be educated or at least pointed in the right direction. Some replies
> > really discourage people from asking.
>
> I agree with the individual below...some of us are still new to this
> vulnerability thing (I for one) and appreciate lurking hear and taking it
> all in...

["below" == "above" due to aforementioned top-postingitis]

Lurking and reading and "listening" and learning are all good things
and I applaud you all for doing them (in fact, that is mostly what I
get from F-D too).  However, note that this is a vulnerability (and
exploit) disclosure list, not a "I just came across something vaguely
interesting I thought some of you may also be interested in" list
(there are, of course, FD-relevant discoveries that may fall from such
moulds, but most that do are not FD-relevant...).

> ... as a matter of fact, I'd love to have the original poster,
> re-post...I was talking to a few others who had no idea about this and
> they'd love to see the article (which I'd deleted - for some reason???)

As it seems to be noob week, I'll try to learn y'all sumfin...

[To be red in a bad Southern drawl...]

1.  Full-Disclosure iz won of them thar _mailin list_ thangs.

2.  It's reel commin for mailin lists to _archive_ all messages posted
thru 'em.

3.  It's just 'bout as commin for them thar archives to be on tha web
(tho you may hav to be a subscribed list membar to login an see 'em).

4.  Many mailin lists are run by software what putz all manna of useful
mailin list-related infoz in tha heddaz of theer messages, commonly in
the form "List-*:".

5.  Most list subscribaz wil have MUAz (no, not cowz) wot ar able to
display such special heddaz.

6.  Compitint list subscribaz wil no what button to click to uz those
feechurz...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald