Date: Tue Jun 21 10:40:29 2005
From: christos_gentsis at yahoo.co.uk (christos_gentsis@...oo.co.uk)
Subject: thunderbird privacy...

hello anyone

I'm making this post even if i'm not sure if this is considered as a security
problem... in my point of view it is a privacy/security issue...

after trying to turn from thunderbird to the Kmail mailer i found out that all
my mail appear to the files that the thunderbird store the mails... even if i
had delete the mails months or years ago... i know that this my be considered
as a privacy problem but in practice this information that remain in the
system may put in dangerous your security...(passwords that supposed to
appear there and after be erased remain etc...)

can someone that use thunderbird check out the files inside the .thunderbird
folder and tell me if this a problem in general or there is something odd
with my program... the chance to be something wring with me is too small
because i copy this folder from one installation to the other... until now
that erase completely the folder after importing the mail to Kmail...

NOTE: this was to SuSe and Slackware installations... i don't know that
happens in the windows port of the thunderbird.

thanks for your time

Christos