Date: Thu Jun 30 21:05:35 2005
From: kf_lists at digitalmunition.com (KF (lists))
Subject: Publishing exploit code - what is it good for

Change control policy at one of my jobs put me in an identical
situation. I flat out could not patch a machine unless I could produce a
cmd.exe or /bin/sh prompt remotely.

Putting that stuff aside how about the vendors that like to try to hide
things from you? Vendors love Jedi Mind tricks..."these aren't the
droids you are looking for." If PoC is not produced you are never hip to
the things that leave your OS vulnerable. For example...
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-947325.html

-KF