Date: Sat Jul  2 15:03:22 2005
From: tat at postmark.net (Antonio Henrique Oliveira)
Subject: Re: Transamericana.org

Hello list,

Remember a few months ago an email about my XP workstation pinging
www.transamericana.org on login?
I finally got around to clean this one up. I uninstalled almost all the
applications, and then proceeded to clean up the Windows registry, and
finally found what the problem was.
For some reason (maybe a bluethoot device that had once been installed
on the computer, which was installed and removed on the same day - it
was just a test for somebody I knew) had created a key on
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\RAS AutoDial for that host (and a few others).
When Windows was going through the login process it would ping those
hosts (although, for some reason [being Windows? :)] not all of them all
the time) to check if they could be reached.
Deleting those keys solved the problem.

Just to let all of you know what happened. This might not be news to
some of you, but it could be usefull to somebody else who finds a
similar problem.

Why this didn't came up when I first went through the registry puzzles
me. Maybe didn't dig well enough :)

Thanks to all.

Regards,
--
Anto'nio Henrique A. Proenca de Oliveira
"Although we can never go back, like an old sweet song with a strong

$Id: .signature,v 1.3 2004/07/14 08:08:10 tat Exp tat $