Date: Tue Jul 19 02:55:24 2005
From: fdlist at digitaloffense.net (H D Moore)
Subject: Advice RE Site Exploit

It doesn't work that way ;-) You either get to abuse the bug or tell the
them about it; trying to do both is what gets people put into jail. In
your communication with the company, you could always ask for a discount
on your service or some other perk (in a polite and non-demanding way),
but IMO thats as far as you can go without it looking like extortion.

If you left your wallet in your car with the windows down and someone
walks up to you and tells you about it, you will have one of two
reactions. You will be happy that someone seemed concerned for your
well-being or pissed off that some jerk was looking into your car in the
first place. The reaction is going to depend on how you are approached
and what they say. If they immediately ask for $10 on the grounds that
they could have just taken your entire wallet, you might be motivated to
break their face. Just because someone has the potential to rob you
doesn't mean that you should be grateful to them if they don't :-)

-HD