Date: Thu Jul 21 20:00:17 2005
From: muts at whitehat.co.il (muts)
Subject: Whax v.3.0 Live CD released

Hi list,

I'd like to announce he public release of WHAX v.3.0.

WHAX is the natural evolution of WHoppix - a live cd, standalone penetration
testing toolkit. There are some major new features in WHAX which add huge
functionality compared Whoppix, and may change the way we use live
distributions.

WHAX is so longer based on Knoppix, but on SLAX, a Slackware live cd.
One of the main reasons I decided to try this is due to the wonderful world
of modularity which SLAX uses.
For us, this modularity means that we can easily customize our version of
WHAX, and include whichever modules we like. All the tools have been
compiled to "WHAX Modules" which can be easily added or removed, depending
on our needs. (http://cvs.iwhax.net)

Modularity also makes software updates much easier - for example, if a new
version of software (such as Metasploit Framework) has been released, we can
now download the updated module, and update our livecd / usb stick
instantly.

This new setup allows for the greatest flexibility, as modules are easy to
create (even from windows) - which means that if we want to add that tool
(or wallpaper) we always wanted, but never appeared in Whoppix, we can now
do it ourselves.

More info can be found here:

http://www.iwhax.net/whax.pdf

Several demo movies can be found here:

http://www.hackingdefined.com/movies/whax-aircrack-wep.html

http://www.hackingdefined.com/movies/whax-aircrack-wpa.html

http://www.hackingdefined.com/Whax-Usage-Demos/Whax-Usage-Demos.html

http://www.hackingdefined.com/WHAX-Whoppix-Action-Demos/WHAX-Whoppix-Action-
Demos.html (several old Whoppix movies)

RSS feeds can be found here:

http://iwhax.net/modules/news/backendt.php?topicid=3

And finally, a final CVS snapshot can be found here:

http://ftp.rz.tu-bs.de/pub/mirror/ftp.whoppix.net/whax-3.0-200705.iso

I hope you enjoy using this release as much as I enjoyed making it :)

Cheers,

Muts