Date: Thu Jul 28 16:42:46 2005
From: stevenrakick at yahoo.com (Steven Rakick)
Subject: Re: Considering nSight, any options?

Jason,
Been running nSight for a little over a year now with data purge after 13 months. We have 3 agents at remote offices with each inspecting the traffic of around 700-900 hosts. It's been quite helpful. We *had* a ton of P2P traffic in our networks.

When we started out last year, we tried to host all 3 agents on a low end HP blade (with a laptop hd). After about 2 months it became very slow (mostly due to disk IO). We upgraded to a faster blade with fast SCSI disk and it's been flying along ever since.

Steve