Date: Fri Jul 29 18:52:16 2005
From: michealespinola at gmail.com (Micheal Espinola Jr)
Subject: Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation

It was done of his own free will.  Have you heard/read his public
statement about it?

"I think I did the right thing. It was pretty scary, but the real
important thing was there was the potential of serious problem," Lynn
said. "I did not think the nation's interest was served by waiting
another year when a router worm would be a serious threat."

[...]

"I gave maybe 5 percent of the information required to actually do
what I did," he said. "The first guy who did it is sort of in some way
responsible for all the other people who do it."

There was no added benefit to the public by posting that slideshow.
Especially considering that the latest versions of the IOS are not
vulnerable.

In this case Larry has taken someone's free will and intellectual
rights, and brushed them asside for his own cause to say "fuck cisco".

Good job.

ME2  <http://www.santeriasys.net/>