Date: Fri Aug  5 09:00:01 2005
From: kruse at krusesecurity.dk (Peter Kruse)
Subject: Malicious Code Analysis

Hi Mike,

I was just wondering if you have submitted these lastad samples to any
antivirus vendors?

Although this malware is already identified by several vendors, some don't
detect any of these "lastad" variants posted on your website. A good way to
ensure that samples gets added for detection, and to help others, would be
submitting samples to your prefered av-vendor.

Also you should not use a hex editor to determine the format of a binary,
since headers are easily modified. Use disassemblers/debuggers like olly,
softice or IDA.

As goes for M4ch3T3 Hax:

You should start here:

Introduction to Reverse Engineering Software
http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/sigmil/RevEng/

The Reverse Engineering Team
http://www.reteam.org/

Also looking for malware samples is simple searching google.

Regards
Peter Kruse