Date: Thu Aug 11 10:47:30 2005
From: abaker at gmail.com (ASB)
Subject: Re: Help put a stop to incompetent
	computerforensics

Hey Jason, you really have to make up your mind about whether the old
definition is archaic and thus obsolete, or if we should be using the
original definition from Homer. You can't keep flopping back and forth like
you're running for a major political office.
 A trojan is well-understood (by everyone else) to be software that pretends
to have some useful, noble or benign purpose, but carries with it some other
malignant function. It is one of the most frequently used vehicles for
backdoors, but in and of itself, and Trojan is not necessarily a Backdoor.
 Just because the mainstream media misuses malware terms such as virus,
worm, and trojan doesn't mean we have to sit playing semantics on a 50-post
thread -- alternating between "understood" and "original" meanings. Your
posts have been even more ironic given the thread title you used, and your
original complaint.
  -ASB
 FAST, CHEAP, SECURE: Pick Any TWO
 http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/