Date: Wed Aug 17 02:03:20 2005
From: jasonc at science.org (Jason Coombs)
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Global CompuSearch]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Global CompuSearch
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:02:10 -1000
From: Jason Coombs <jasonc@...ence.org>
To: Matthew Ries <mries@...mperlaw.com>
CC: Marcus Lawson <marcus@...balcompusearch.com>

> I have also reviewed the emails that you have sent directly to Global
> CompuSearch?s client, Mr. Phil Cave, Esq., in which you attempt to
> directly solicit forensic work by repeatedly defaming Marcus Lawson
> and his company.

I have done no such thing as "solicit forensic work" -- I suggest that
you re-read my e-mails to Mr. Phil Cave. Better yet, talk with him. He
will tell you that Mr. Cave himself offered me work on another case and
sent me documents pertaining to it; I explained that I did not need nor
did I want compensation, that we could talk about his other case later,
perhaps, and I would review the documents free of charge, but in the Air
Force service member's immediate case it was perfectly clear that Mr.
Lawson's obscene incompetency was causing harm and this harm needed to
be addressed adequately, a task that I agreed to undertake free of charge.

I volunteered my expertise when I was asked by the defendant for help
saving a potentially-innocent defendant from wrongful conviction.

Your client's despicable actions are a menace to society, and any good
and honorable person who knows this to be the case cannot sit still and
let his willful deceptions and his wrongful acts continue to harm
unsuspecting victims who merely seek competent computer expert witness
testimony.

Mr. Lawson has been given an opportunity to correct his mistakes. Let's
try wait and see if he does so. That would be the ultimate proof that he
is not incompetent, at which point he and I can meet in court and find
out what the damage is that he thinks has been done by my forced
intervention that prompted his acquisition of competency.

Sincerely,

Jason Coombs
jasonc@...ence.org