Date: Mon Aug 29 05:58:44 2005
From: stevex11 at sbcglobal.net (Steve Kudlak)
Subject: J. A. Terranson

mjcarter@...g.co.nz wrote:

>and phone numbers :-)

>>BLOCK------ ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
>>/\                        - against microsoft attachments

I want to thanke everyone for helping with my research project. It deals
with moderation styles of various groups. From USENET where there was no
real moderation for the most part and frequent flamefests, to
yahoogroups when saying something offensive to the moderator often
causes puniasahment or banning. The two worst being "Buffy the Vampire
Slayer" and "INTIMACY FOR THE DISABLED" which has a "zero tolerence
policy" for the whatever upsets the moderator.  One must admit the Biffy
Group had production folks involved so wanted to keep them involved, so
their wished had to be acceded to and overall it has worked well.

Now to us net old timers what goes on here is just another flamewar and
mos t of the time if one ignores the combatants whether they are right
or wrong they calm down and go away, or at least calm down. I'd suggest
Xanax .5mg to 1mg but even if had the power to prescrbe such it would
not be medically legitimate to do so without talking to the people
involved.

Anyway this is most curious and seems like a blast back to the Wild West
of the Internet. circa USENET groups, many of which regulaly get
abandoned when a different group takes over. I suspect on a mialing list
someone has it and could delete people.  Of course this if one this
isn't a grammar argument but usually that only happens when F users
outnumber  M users by greater than 3 to one, c.f. Linuxchix but also
INTIMACY FOR THE DISABLED, which was sort of a fascist paradise.

Anyway it would be nice to calm down and get back to basics. What I was
about to ask about was whether a hard to break into and recover
infromartion Cryptocard existed that would allow one to put one's
private key on it and have it be difficult to recover. The reason I ask
this is I have been reading US Federal Court cases and I am getting more
and more concerned that even people who feel they are doing little to
knothing wrong should encrypt their communication. If one's machine and
stuff is seized in a raid then having your private key on an easily
obtainable media it does not good.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve