Date: Thu Sep  1 02:40:36 2005
From: ah at securityfocus.com (Alfred Huger)
	(X-POST)

Frank,

It was acquired in 2002 not 2003. If you can actually point to anything
differant other than aesthetics I'd be happy to talk about it and even
work to change it if it's got merit. I've been here since the begining -
given I started it - and I really see little or any differance pre vrs.
post Symantec.

-al

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Frank de Wit wrote:

> todo?
> quit symantec
> restart the real securityfocus as it was before 2003
> start fulldisclosure...
>
> Alfred Huger wrote:
>

>> All,
>>
>> As most of you know, some of the strongest value the SecurityFocus
>> community has to offer is that of our mailing lists. These lists
>> contribute a vast amount of information and dialogue to the community at
>> large but they are generally held within a finite amount of lists, which
>> changes little (in terms of # of lists) over time. Given this is the case
>> we, every few years, make a call for new mailing lists from the community.
>>
>> I would like to invite you to send me your thoughts on which new mailing
>> lists we should start here. Based off the feedback we receive I believe we
>> will launch a number of new lists in the late September timeframe. I also
>> urge you to consider becoming a moderator for the list(s) you suggest
>> because as a community we are only viable if we all make an effort to
>> participate..
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alfred
>>
>> Alfred Huger
>> Symantec Corp.
>> Sr. Director, Engineering
>> Response & Global Managed Security Services

Alfred Huger
Symantec Corp.